Friday, April 08, 2011

Running

So I have given up on C25K.  I have not, however, given up on running.  I was hating the C25K and I thought that meant I hated running.  I don't hate running, I just hate being told what to do when it comes to my cardio.  I'm now setting my own goals and just listening to normal music while I orbit the track.  Yesterday I ran all the way around the track for 2 separate laps (laps 2 and 9) in lane 8 which is .2779 mile.  I am running something like half of the time I spend on the track through about lap 10, sometimes I can make it to lap 15 before I am full time walking.  I run 1/4 of the track, then walk 1/4, then run, and so on.  I use the markings on the track to tell me when to run and when to walk.  I will keep working to make it more running and less walking.  I tried C25K several times and never got to the point of being able to complete a lap around the track running.  Just a couple weeks into doing it my own way I can do that.  I am working up to doing a track marathon - that's 94.28 laps in lane 8.  Then eventually, a real marathon.  Then a cute little sticker for my car, lol!