Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Spread

I LOVE LOVE LOVE buffalo wings.  They are so incredibly bad for you though.  Today I made myself some "buffalo chicken spread".

4.3 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped into chunks)
1 Tbsp buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
1/8 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (I use Oikos)
1/2 tsp ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix (Hidden Valley)

I put all of that into my magic bullet and turned it on.  I let it go until it was very well blended.  This made 180g of buffalo chicken spread, which for me is 2 servings.  The nutrition info for 1 90g serving is:

Calories - 112
Fat - 2g
Saturated Fat - 1g
Carbohydrate - 2g
Fiber - 0g
Cholesterol - 52mg
Sodium - 349mg
Calcium - 111mg

This is still not a low sodium item by any means, but it is a lot lower than regular buffalo wings.  Blending the sauce into the meat allows you to get the flavor without using so much sauce.  It is also tons healthier in every other way than having buffalo wings.  I put a serving of it on a whole grain sandwich thing with a slice of cheddar and had a side of broccoli with some ranch flavor Wish Bone salad spray for my lunch today.  It was awesome and my lunch totaled out at a tiny 276 calories.