Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Half-Time

So today I get up and I hop on the scale.  I was hoping to see something below 180.6.  180.5 would have been enough to make me a happy camper, anything more than that would have made me exceedingly happy.  What do I see?  179.8!  That’s right, I am out of the 180s and I am officially halfway to goal!  I am sooo excited.  I won’t say that I never thought I could do this because I knew I could, but there have definitely been times when I’ve been doubtful.  I am sure there will be more times I am doubtful as I work on the second half.  However, it is in these moments that I can see who I am supposed to be.  This is what makes the counting and the logging and the label watching and the gym time all worth it.  Good Goddess, this feels good!  It may be half-time, but there will be no break.  My happy dance shall serve as the half-time show and then I will press on, because I can damnit.